Utility Name: Jango
Release Date: 07/11/2008
Supported OS: Windows XP, Vista, 7, 8
The Jango application was designed to be a simple and fast file encryption / decryption utility, that let you select the cipher (from 17 available ciphers) and the hash algorithm (from 10 available algorithms).
Jango is a simple to use and portable utility.
Encrypt a file
- Use the browse function to select the source file for encryption.
- Use the Browse function to create a target encrypted file.
- Select if Jango will delete the source file or not.
- Enter a passphrase and retype it. You must remember the exact passphrase to decrypt the file.
- Select one of the available ciphers and then select one of the available hash algorithms.
- You must remember which cipher and hash you have selected, it is needed for successful Decryption.
- It is possible keep the passphrase and the selected cipher and hash to a file.
- The file wil be created in the working directory by the name: SourceFileName-Settings.txt.
- Click on the Encrypt button and watch the status bar for results
Decrypt a file
- Use the browse function to select the source file to decrypt.
- Use the browse function to create a target decrypted file.
- Select if Jungo will delete the source file or not.
- Enter the exact passphrase as the one used to encrypt this file.
- Select the excat cipher and hash algorithm as those used in the encryption process.
- Click on the Decrypt button and watch the status bar for results.